Principia was founded in 2005 by engineers from Exponent, Inc. Our venture is driven by the desire to focus on the fundamental practice of failure analysis and accident reconstruction. We offer the highest level of technical consulting services specializing in failure analysis, the analysis of root causes of accidents and product failures.
Principia is currently hiring a Senior Associate/Senior Engineer in our San Francisco office. The individual will be responsible for managing complete projects from start to finish with new and existing clients. The individual will handle all client communications and management for his/her projects. The senior engineer will be expected to testify on his/her projects and market for new clients. The individual must have engineering competence, excellent documentation and organizational skills and must be able to clearly explain their engineering work product both verbally and in written reports. The individual will be expected to provide work product that is supported by solid engineering and is well documented while meeting all milestones and deadlines.
Minimum qualifications for this position include
- M.S. or higher degree in relevant field, such as mechanical engineering, applied mechanics, physics or biomechanical engineering.
- 2 – 5 years of experience in the field failure analysis and accident reconstruction Must have extensive experience using Autocad (or other similar CAD program) and Microsoft Excel
- Must have extensive experience using simulation software such as HVE or PC-Crash
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional Engineers license in the State of California required for Senior Engineer Only